A quality highlighter can brighten your complexion, accentuate features you love, and even camouflage skin marks. It’s a real secret weapon for looking young. The key is how to use it.
In the opinion of professional makeup artists, this versatile cosmetic works its best when applied under the eyes, on the eyebrows, and on the browbone to add life and radiance. It is also recommended to apply it to the cheeks, where the color is more vivid. And if you want to give the illusion of a fuller mouth, just put a little touch to the lips, just above Cupid’s bow.
We present the best face highlighters below!
1. Best of all: L’Oréal La Vie en Glow face highlighter
It is a powder color palette to illuminate certain areas of the face by playing with light. They make the skin shine and give a natural effect. The palette consists of four colors: Moonlight, Oh my Gold, Pink Pearl, Bronze Glaze.
Light in texture, they are easy to apply and process. They can be used on the cheekbones, temples, neck, browbone, and outer corner of the eyes. And if you wish, a touch of illumination on the shoulders and the neckline to be radiant.
- Light and shiny texture
- Natural effect
- Contains an infusion of coconut oil
2. The best for fair complexions: L’Oréal Glow Amour Glow Boosting Drops
Ultra-luminous, silky, impalpable, it is the liquid highlighter in drops that gives an immediate luminous effect, perfect for stroboscopic makeup. The formula is infused with lightweight coconut oil that glides over the skin like a veil of light. The light and luminous texture give a natural and radiant effect.
- With an infusion of coconut oil
- Luminous, silky, invisible texture
- Glides over the skin like a veil of light
3. The most practical: Highlighter Maybelline New York Master Strobing Stick
It is an illuminator with reflective microbeads to illuminate facial features. It highlights the light points and gives three-dimensionality to the features with a simple gesture thanks to the practical side of the stick. It allows obtaining a natural or intense result thanks to its light and modular texture. It can be applied under the brow bone to open the eyes, on the cheekbones, and on the central axis of the face to illuminate and give three-dimensionality to the face.
- Texture is creamy and light
- Reflective microbeads illuminate the features
- Ideal for giving three-dimensionality to the face
4. The best for a strobe effect: Highlighter Bourjois Sculpt Light
Its special liquid gel formula is ideal for creating the strobe effect. It illuminates the complexion by reshaping facial features and recreating areas of natural light. Its composition is enriched with ultra-fine pearls that reflect light, for a fascinating iridescent finish.
- Sculpts facial features
- Creates areas of natural light
- Enriched with highly reflective pearls
5. Best Value Rimmel London Good to Glow Highlighter
Its pigments reflect light for a luminous and radiant appearance. The light liquid texture can be used on the face and décolleté and can be worn alone or mixed with foundation for a subtle, enveloping glow. The color is Notting Hill Glow, with skin tones.
- Its reflective pigments give it a shiny appearance
- You can mix it with foundation
- It can be modulated for different hedging effects
6. Best for all skin tones: Highlighter Makeup Revolution Vivid Baked
It blends in perfectly with the skin, bringing light to your cheeks, for a look full of life. It has very fine and smooth golden reflections that harmonize with every skin tone. It comes in the form of a large round package with a transparent lid, which can be taken with you at any time, even when traveling.
- The golden glow illuminates the face
- A small amount is enough
- Gentle on the skin and does not make it oily